Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Butterfly Kisses

I was planning on writing a post to cover the things that have happened over the past week. However, about an hour ago my plan changed. On my computer, to the right, I have a slideshow of photos....


I will find a photo that I like, & I will freeze it. I usually leave that photo there until my computer restarts on it's own. Well last night, my computer did just that. Today I had to choose a new photo. There are so many that I usually scroll through only 3-4 before I pick one. 

Here is what I ended up with....



As I sat at my desk, I couldn't help thinking about Kayleigh all morning. When I had a chance I opened up my Kayleigh 2.09 folder & browsed through all of the pictures. Adam was always so great about taking 100 photos per day so if I clicked though them fast....sometimes it looked like she was moving her head, waving at you, etc. It was really cool. I felt like she was here for a minute. 

With that being said, my last hour has been filled with joy & sadness. These photos are so special to our hearts. It is amazing to me & is quite a blessing that looking at a photo can take you back to that exact moment. That you can feel the love that you had right then. That you can feel her skin, her lips, her fingers, her heartbeat, & her love for you! Without her even being here. 

Here are just a few random photos that I have enjoyed over the past hour. Isn't she so beautiful?




I absolutely loved my Kayleigh kisses. I would just put my lips on her lips & she would press her lips together on mine. I bet I would do it 50 times in a row. What an amazing feeling. To feel that connection was something that I can't quite describe & I am tearing up even trying. Every moment was such a blessing. 

I miss you my sweet angel. Thank you for spending some time with mommy this morning. You must have known that I needed it. I love you so much. I'll be home soon. 


12 comments:

  1. OOhhh...Aimee I sooo remember these pics...Kayleigh is/was sooo precious...yes she is truly an Angel...and she is happily playing today as she does everyday in Heaven...GOD brings Kayleigh to my mind EVERY time I see a "Butterfly" Glad you got to spend some 'special" time with her today. Have a GREAT day Aimee...love ya girlie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee, thank you for sharing this. Even though I never physically met you or Kayleigh, she (and you) continue to be on my heart and mind. Such an amazing little girl and amazing mommy... God bless!

    ~Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Aimee...brought tears to my eyes. I love all these pictures of you and Kayleigh. Have a Wonderful Day thinking of the beautiful memories you had with sweet Kayleigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayleigh is beautiful Aimee! I think about her everyday. Just a couple of hours ago I was at the pool and a butterfly kept flying all around my 2 year old. I thought to myself...that is Kayleigh trying to play with my daughter. It danced around her for a few minutes and my daughter tried to get it to land on her arm. Then it just fluttered off. And I thanked God for giving me that "Kayleigh" moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so beautiful Aimee! I do the same thing with pictures of my son Everett(who died at 20 days old in December of 2007), looking at pictures of him really helps to heighten my memories, they take me back for sure, and it is very bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures Aimee! Thank you so much for sharing. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Aimee! I've just viewed the story of your angel Kayleigh Anne.....It brought tears to me eyes.
    I just remember 04/04/08 the day i gave birth to my only angel Ernest Gabriel who is also the smallest in the hospital NICU weighing 1 1/2 kilo and we stayed their for a month. Just like you, there were ups and downs but God blessed us. Now my Gab is 2yrs old and weights 12kls. You are so amazing and I admired you for facing the hardships in life... I know Kayleigh is with you always. Prayers for the both of you and your family. I LOVE YOU ANGEL KAYLEIGH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pls cntinue inspiring us.... dont give up, beuatiful Kayleigh is with you always

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear aimee.. you and kayleigh are an inspiration to me :)

    --lucy anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kayleigh was a very beautiful baby !! I am sure that she is with you all the time Amiee and she will be forever !! God Bless !! xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think of you often and wonder how you are doing. We've never met, but I am praying for you tonight.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Aimee! I've just viewed the story of our little angel Kayleigh Ann, i am so touched which brought much tears into my eyes. I had same experience as yours, im a mommy of 2 kids and my 2nd baby was a girl and had 2 major surgeries upon her birth. She was operated during 10days old for the extraction of her congenital cataract, she just weighed 5lbs and she was the smallest patient i've ever known 2 undergo operation.We are so down that time, then she was diagnose again for heart problem and has to be undergo heart sugery.Another trial was given to us. Just like you, we had ups and downs where GOD bless us to live our little angel. Now she was 4yrs old and she brings joy and happiness to ou family. Just hold on to GOD and HE will lead us all! Just be strong and hold on to HIM!

    ReplyDelete