Friday, November 12, 2010

14 Days of Thanks - Day 2

I am sitting in a Starbucks this morning, enjoying a cup of yummy Peppermint Mocha. I am about to head off to work to complete a bid that I have been working on & to receive an order from a new customer. A few months ago, I made a very difficult decision to quit working at the restaurant. A decision that I probably made a few months too soon, financially speaking. I felt like having two jobs was killing me & I was never seeing my kids. So instead, I chose to live without any extras for a few months, but I am home by 4:30, with every weekend free. That to me, is worth more than a few hundred extra dollars.

This was a new concept for me because I always chose making money in the past. I didn't know how to be okay with less, by choice. I've certainly had my financial struggles & had to adjust to less....but to CHOOSE to make less for the better good of my family was a really cool lesson. There is one thing about being completely broke & not knowing where your next dollar is coming from....you appreciate EVERYTHING! A cup of coffee is a reward, going out to eat is a major event, going out of town (if only for a night) seems like a world class vacation. You really find out what you can live without when you have nothing. While it has been a difficult journey, (that I sometimes thought would completely break me) the Lord used my circumstance to make me better. I am sure that he opened this door of change for me to walk through a 1000 times before I saw it, but He never gave up on me. I am grateful!

So today I am thankful that the Lord is sending me some new business to make things a little bit easier. I am thankful that He led me into the lives of the Blundell Family, who have not only hired me to work for them when I was completely down on my luck but have also become some of my closest friends. They have been amazing to me & to my children. I love them! Thank you Lord for these wonderful blessings! Thank you for never giving up on me!

3 comments:

  1. My beautiful Grandmother....she is such an amazing woman... She is coming from Miami to take care of my daughter while I am sick....a drop of a hat she is wonderful!!! Id be lost without her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choosing to be with your children more is a decision you will never regret! :-) When we found our we were expecting, we made a list of all the things we could cancel, sell, stop buying...etc. I will never regret giving up my DVR and satellite TV for the chance to stay home with my baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just wondering how you are doing. I followed Kayleigh's blog. I saw when you started you Marriage blog and when you and Adam split up. I've prayed for you often. Tonight I was reminded of you and once again I said a prayer. I hope that you and the kids are doing well. You are still an encouragement to women.

    Love in Christ,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete